Monday, August 14, 2006

Mera Bharat Mahan


So this is our 59th Independence Day huh? 59 years of independence has brought us a long way I think... Maybe I didn't realise much when I was still living in the country but this distance has given me a perspective. Everywhere I read and every person I talk to is talking about the "Boom" in India. And the greatest proof of that, I think, is the fact that so many people I know are planning to transition back to India to ride the wave. Every American I meet knows enough about India to carry on an interesting enough conversation. They are charmed by our culture and the people and places. Almost every single one of them has said that India is high priority on their list of destinations (and being the globe-trotters that many of them are- it is heartening to hear!). And meeting different people who all love talking about India just makes my love for my country grow more. My India... my home!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gia said...

hey it was the 60th independence day this year...:)

1:57 AM  
Blogger Shreya said...

ulp!! calculation mistake... i promise i counted the years many many times to get it right... damnnn i knew i should have done math in 11th and 12th!!.. thanks gia for pointing that out!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Shreya said...

actually this is the 59th celebrated independence day!! just checked it out on the news :)

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home